The rabble's getting uppity due to the stunning lack of recent posts, so I now take to the Blog to update my three regular readers.... I shall begin by first issuing a warning: Readers, beware when entering your local Starbucks! Flavoured Via (a.k.a. flavoured instant coffee.... cos that's pretty much what it is, no matter how much the barista on shift insists the contrary) was unveiled yesterday and nearly every customer interaction has become, "Buy flavoured Via, $6.95 for a pack of 6. Nah, it's not instant coffee...." The only thing that makes selling Via any fun is experiencing the wide range of consumer reactions. Clay, a fellow barista, was unlucky enough to catch a woman on a bad day (giving her the benefit of the doubt....), offer her a free sample, and be rebuffed with a, "I don't want any of that shit." A simple, "No, thank you," would have sufficed, but ya know.... I was stuck working the front and two women approached the counter, and before I could even offer a sample I was informed in no uncertain terms that "Starbucks's coffee sucks, you people don't know how to make it right." I think she was looking for a reaction.... but I replied with a, "That's nice," and she haughtily ordered a chai and left. Dude, some people are really ridiculous and they all seem to find our store.... Sad day for us.
In other news.... Lexington has been hosting the Equestrian Games, perhaps some of you have watched them on the telly. Yeah, it's kind of a big deal. You can google it for more info cos pretty much all I have to say about them relates back to work and that's no fun.
Ever diligent in my pursuit of bad television, I have begun netflixing True Blood episodes. It's pretty much what one might expect.... like a "grown-up" Southern version of Twilight that lasts a lot longer. But hey, ya gotta have something to get you through the long nights till America's. Next. Top. Model. returns....
And that's about it. Until next time....
Cheers.
You should definitely write me a snail mail letter... I have been eagerly checking the mail for about a month.
ReplyDeleteHey kid, this is your getting very old YNP friend. Long time since but it appears you are doing well in your Kentucky adventure. In a very short time we will be heading south to Texas for the rest of the winter. Send us something when you have time.
ReplyDeleteNew email address will be: pettykn@gmail.com