I thought I detected the odour of forest fire the other day.... but I think I was quite mistaken. We're no longer in Kansas, after all.... We're in Ken-TUH-ky damn it.
My shift at Starbucks was rather depressing today.... After kicking some serious frappe ass in the morning, I was set loose and alone on the bloody damned drive thru (drive thru=fast food, I don't care if you ARE the finest purveyor of coffee in the world) and I funked it up. Ack. And now I've had several hours to sit in solitary confinement and brood on the misery of it all. You know when you've had a particularly bad day punctuated with little bits of humiliation here and there, and the memory of those bits plagues you for hours/days afterwards? Yeah, it's something along those lines. Apparently 3 hours of practical experience and the vaguest knowledge of the menu leaves one qualified to man the drive thru station solo during the After School Rush. I call bs. And now it's ruined my night. Target, why the hell didn't you call?? Why can't I just teach writing at a community college? I'd rather grade memos than make coffee. O Life.
Anyway, I appear to be straddling the line of Emo, so a brisk change in subject is in order. What else to write of?.... as I sit and kill time on the laptop, playing songs that also kinda reek of Emo.... at least they are not set to repeat. OOH, Schmitty burn!
I guess the overwhelming positive is that I have a job and can soon begin to squander millions on shabby chic furnishings for my super-sweet new apartment. I'm also considering a sauna and room for a pony.
Cheers.
Rachel!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you had this awesome website. I am clearly guilty of "googling" you but I just received your letter this evening and I am very happy! I will see you this fall whether it's in West Virginia or Kentucky. We can leave the men behind if desired. Expect a letter very soon and I will think of you every time I drink coffee!
-Eva
Eva! wow, the people you find by "googling" Rachel's name :)
ReplyDeleteHope your Emo-ness suffers from severe cheering up and Target creates a position so fit as that only an english-geology proficient individual as yourself can fit.
-Alfredo
Wow, I was gonna say something like, "You guys'll never guess who I talked to the other day," but I bet you'd get it-- Mr. Shane Averett says hey and asked about you both.
ReplyDeletePerhaps I should turn this blog into a chat forum for Yellowstone alums :)
Keep in touch!!