Friday, July 13, 2012

Soap Bears Unite!! It's a Fairyland Anniversary!!

Happy 5-year Fairyland Anniversary, Zack and Tim!!!!  It was 5 years ago today, on a Friday the 13th, that Expedition ManBearPig descended into Fairyland Basin, bringing with them (I believe) the first-ever Soap Bear.  Huzzah!!!!!  We spent a most lovely afternoon among the geothermal features, swimming in the river and marvelling at the unparalleled beauty of our surroundings.  Here's an interesting tidbit (which readers would know if I'd ever finished my Fairyland Blog.... fail).... We ran out of water on our way back to camp that evening and drank from what we later suspected to be thermal run-off.  Yummmmm, sketchy water never tasted so good.... We consumed copious amounts of charcoal water upon our return to Canyon the following day in an attempt to ward off giardia.  Ahhhh, life in Yellowstone.... I do so miss it.

Speaking of which.... I make my triumphant return to the most brilliant place in the world this September!!!!  That's right.... You'll find me in various Montana/Wyoming hot spots in a mere two months, and a weekend shall be devoted to Yellowstone National Park.  HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I could be more excited.... Smith has been informed that I most likely shall not return to Kentucky....  It is time, brothers!!

Again, Happy Fairyland Anniversary!!!!!!!  I canNOT wait to be back in the park!!!!!!!.....

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. represent! Hard to believe it's been five years. We should go back one day. Looks like we'll miss each other by a month. I've been in Browning, MT working for the Blackfeet Tribe since end of May, but I'm leaving for Alaska the beginning of August. Is this a permanent move to the Yellowstone area? Congrats on the time in the park, either way! -zack

    ReplyDelete