Exciting news, Readers! Cold weather has finally arrived in Lexington!!! (And yeah, negative people out there, it IS supposed to reach 81 next Tuesday, but I don't want to hear it. Allow me this short time to revel in the rain and cold.) It has rained and stayed in the low to mid 60s for three days now!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I do tire of endless summer days. My poor herbs died weeks ago, due to excessive heat.... and the fact that I kind of stopped watering them.... really shouldn't have children.... and my flowers died too, but I think that may have been due to the arrival of a very large and very creepy bug that took up residence under the soil. BLEGH, it ran mad circles around the pot when I'd water the flowers.... and then, horror of true horrors, I found it a few weeks later in my living room. Needless to say, I could not eat for days. Kentucky has the creepiest assortment of big a** bugs that I've ever seen in my life.
Anyway, onward to happier topics! I'd like to give a shout out to my brother, who recently began his college adventures at the University of New Mexico. The Boy joined the Navy ROTC and I will now share exclusive pics with y'all. Looking sharp, Boy! Keep that iron handy....
Cheers.
YAY COLD WEATHER! ALL HAIL THE COLD GODS! It was mid-sixties here for 3 days when Lee hit, it felt SO good! And if you have children, please please PLEASE send them my way.
ReplyDeleteAnd Congrats to the Boy! Although he really shouldn't be wearing his cover OR saluting inside... ;)
Haha, I think The Boy is just excited :)
ReplyDelete