Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Well, That Guy Did It

It would seem as though I have recently become re-obsessed with Yellowstone, and tonight I found this (click "this", it's a link even though it doesn't look like one) blog post during my internet meanderings. Some people located the elusive Tomato Springs last summer (or so they claim.... and their pictures look really freaking convincing, blast them). However, the post doesn't give step-by-step directions to the springs.... obviously.... they traversed meadows and forested areas until they reached the general location where their guide knew it to exist, and then he went off and tracked it down and led them all to it. It's settled then.... I've got to find this guy, pay him off, and have him lead me out there.... unless any of my current readers has a better idea or some kind of hidden Yellowstone knowledge. I'll pay you too!

Until that Happy Day arrives, I must content myself with completing the usual menial tasks that shape my everyday existence. I went to work today.... O the joy.... It's just 80 hours of drive-thru between me and freedom now! No reason to put me on bar anymore, gotta train the hapless newbies instead and hope that one of them shall in time become a fitting replacement for me. Ha, it won't happen though. The current new people stand around and talk, much to the chagrin of our shift supervisors, and only one of them has shown any aptitude for bar. I will have the last laugh, as I drive off into the sunset in my sweet a** Kia. Muhahaha.

Holy cow, as soon as I click the Publish Post button I will have updated THREE TIMES IN TWO DAYS. WTF? Who can possibly have that much to say, when they spend their days doing pretty much nothing?.... Me, that's who. Give me Blogger over Twitter any day, I will dare to string together more than two sentences at a time!

And now that I'm just rambling.... I will leave off and dream of extremely hot tomato soup in a massive grassy bowl.... or something of the sort....

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder how close we came to this sweet inspiration for a warm bowl of Campbell's best?! Yet it eluded and eludes us still. Has your mad throwing around of dollars roped in a knowing guide to lead you to its soupy, steamy banks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiii - my excuse for the comment sounding insane: I'm interning at a free legal aid clinic on the Navajo Nation and my mind has been both cooked by the sun and scoured by the sand. Witness the sad result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! I thought Yellowstone Mentions might draw you out of Hiding! What are you doing mid-July-ish? We must venture forth to find Tomato Springs once and for all, and then make our triumphant return to Fairyland Basin! Huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much for mid-July! I forgot to check back here for your comment - silly me. I'm guessing that you didn't make it out this way though, since I see no tomato-based pictorials. But an Eva-based pictorial in its place! Looks like you two had a blast.

    ReplyDelete